Monday, September 16, 2013

Travelogue: Belgium Summer 13'

Last summer I fell in love with this place where liege waffle and chocolate indulgence is legal for girls, and I wouldn't be judged for having a whole bucket of mussels for myself only (that's 1KG, mind you). And beer is the new water.

I love how Belgium has just the right amount of chill and spontaneousness, whether in fashion, arts, architectures, people and even food. An amazing experience I must say.

ps. Pictures are not in daily sequence nor are they ordered according to locations because I do not remember like it this way.

Memories may be scattered but beautiful altogether nonetheless.


1. Rubenshuis (Rubens House)
    The baroque aesthetic from the earlier century.
Symmetrically monochromatic tiles.

2. Top: Les Galeries Saint Hubert; Cathedral of Our Lady; 
    Bottom: Museum ann de Stroom (MAS)

3. ModeMuseum Provincie Antwerpen (MoMu) showing Silks & Prints from the Abracham Archive: Couture in Colour. 
My decision to visit, to begin with, was purely triggered by my curiosity of this land where my favourite designers: Ann Demeulemeester, Dries Van Noten and Martin Margiela were born. And what I found was simply fascinating. 

Works of fashion students from the Royal Academy of Fine Arts.

4, Remember I mentioned spontaneousness? This was the place where we randomly stumbled upon. We were spontaneously walking on the streets of city, spontaneously took an abandoned-looking lift which we did not know where it would led us to and then spontaneously chilled at this beautiful place till the sun went down.

5. Cathedrale St-Michel et Ste-Gudule
Happy flags are happy.


6. Burg, Bruges
Totally kick-started my summer.



Py

No comments :

Post a Comment